The HR Manager is responsible for supervising HR Coordinators and assuring proper documentation of personnel files are intact in all offices of the Provider Number. Assures proper management and security of the medical records in each office location. Responsible for training HR coordinators and medical record clerks. Has primary responsibility of HIPAA compliance across all offices. Assures all his/her locations are “survey ready” at all times.
Reports directly to the CEO and/or VP Operations/COO
- High School graduate (or equivalent),
- 3-years recent experience in personnel management of a home care agency or other healthcare field.
- Moderate competency with computers and keyboarding, EXCEL spreadsheet competence is preferable..
- Ability to multi-task with minimal stress
- Is a self starter able to be self directed most of the time.
- Propensity for working with and helping and managing people
- Prepares new hiring documents as necessary and communicates new forms to the corporate level.
- Submits written requests for offsite HR functions as determined to be within working capital allocated for such activities.
- Communicates with the out sourced company for in-services as needed. Determines the next year’s inservice calendar 6 months in advance allowing for development time.
- Responsible for the initial management of employee grievances unresolved at the location level.
- Communicates at least monthly with HR staff across provider to discuss processes, changes, new policies etc.
- Assists the Branch Manager/Administrator in preparing for audits or surveys as requested.
- Responsible for assurance that the HR department is “survey ready” at all times.
- Re-enforces HIPAA compliance with field staff and office personnel.
- Encourages participates in Performance Improvement Committee program.
- Actively encourages employee recognition program
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Committee process as requested to do so.
- Notifies the Agency of emergencies, sickness, and other imminent occurrences that may affect the client caseload as quickly as possible relative to the event’s occurrence.
- Submits written time requests 2 weeks or more in advance of planned time off.
- Must be able to read 12 point or larger type.