The Scheduling Coordinator is an essential role in any home care agency. The coordinator is responsible for taking new referrals, opening them timely, matching the best worker with the case and managing the ongoing client needs keeping continuity as the priority aspect of the process. Reporting employee issues including but not limited to: no call no show, unreliability, failure to follow the schedule, changes days/times of visits without notification are critical to the success of the department’s standards.
Reports directly to the CEO
Qualifications: (Preferred unless required by law)
- High School graduate (or equivalent),
- 1 year recent experience as a scheduling coordinator in a home care agency or other healthcare field.
- Ability multi-task
- Propensity for working with and helping people
- Takes incoming referrals without delay
- Interacts with contract case managers and others to enhance the PR of the agency
- Actively works to encourage departmental growth (networking)
- Consistently faxes notification to admitting hospitals and facilities that our Agency is the client’s home care agency of record.
- Reminds all clients/families and caseworkers that our Agency offers full-certified services.
- Cooperates with Scheduling Manager regarding investigation of client complaints/concerns. Remains calm, non-defensive and helpful in finding appropriate resolution.
- Cooperates with Scheduling Manager regarding new processes developed to improve workflow and efficiency.
- Files all incoming documents timely and efficiently keeping all HIPAA information secured.
- Prints and distributes weekly accurate para schedules without exception.
- Reports paras who service clients outside the scheduled times without notification of the office
- Receives and follows up on faxes received from answering services each morning
- Takes and gives report from/to On-Call HHA each morning.
- Reports all complaints and/or problems related to off hour issues (answering service) or On-call.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Committee process as requested
- Participates in the orientation process as requested.
- Cooperates with Scheduling Manager regarding scheduling projects as designated by the Branch Manager/Administrator to improve internal scheduling processes. Other duties as assigned.
- Opens all certified HHA requests within 48 hours of receipt
- Reviews para paperwork at the end of every week for accuracy and completeness so that all medical records are intact and up to date.
- Enforces the Agency’s disciplinary process without prejudice or discrimination.
- Understands that the fiscal and clinical management of each case is directly linked to the success of his/her office. Assures that visits are not done that cannot be billed (authorizations are current and accurately serviced).
- Notifies the Agency of emergencies, sickness, and other imminent occurrences that may affect the client caseload as quickly as possible relative to the event’s occurrence.
- Submits written time requests 2 weeks or more in advance of planned time off.
- Is able to lift, turn and transfer patients weighting up to 200 pounds.
- Is able to carry bundles up stairs weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop and bend.
- Must be able to travel to prospective patient’s place of residence.
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most persons.